5 Reasons Music Education Is Important
- Music education should be a part of general education in everybody’s life. Scientists say that children who are exposed to music, or those who play an instrument, do better in school than those who don't.
- Music can be connected to many other subject areas. Through exploring music students can find natural connections to mathematics, science, reading, writing, and performing arts.
- Children learn in many different ways. Music allows them to express themselves in a unique way, which motivates their learning and helps build their self-confidence.
- Music is a universal language. It helps children connect to other cultures and understand the world around them.
- It's fun! Playing a musical instrument relieves stress. Have you ever noticed that when you hear soft, soothing music you feel more relaxed? Playing an instrument can do that and more, especially if you're the one playing. Music is one of life's simple joys; it helps calm the mind.
Our new flamboyant Calypso Chimes with their clear lively tones and beautiful anodized finish are sure to spread good vibes wherever they end up! Available...
What is musical improvisation?
1) To invent, compose, or perform with little or no preparation. 2) To play (music) or sing extemporaneously, especially...
Throughout our time in isolation, for many, it was most often music bringing us closer together. Musicians and performers tapping into their creativity...