Ground Fixed Emperor Chimes
Install Instrument with 1.5m free space (from widest point) around it.
1. Attach Ground Fixing posts to legs(1.2) (See Ground Fix Post Installation Sheet)
2.Excavate 6 holes for Emperor chimes 250mm diameter by 600mm deep in desired location upon decision from customer.
3. Locate (lower) legs into holes making sure they are vertical and level prior to concreting in place. Chimes should be 100mm from
4. Once happy with location of the chimes, fill holes using rapid hardening concrete. Be sure to compact concrete around legs and leave to dry
according to manufacturers guidelines.
Emperor Chimes are pre-assembled.
M10x150 Bolt x12
M10 Nut x24
M10 Barrel Nut x6
M10x50 Security Screw x6
Spares available from percussionplay.com or from your local distributor
Ground Fix Post Installation
1. Insert M10x 150 Threaded bar into pre drilled holes in Ground Fixing Post.
2. Fix M10x 150 Threaded bar in place using M10 Nuts.
3. Locate the Ground fix Post into the leg of the instrument.
4. Fix instrument to Ground fix post using M10 bolt and Barrel Nut and use thread locking solution to prevent fixings working loose.
5. Excavate 6 holes with a 250mm diameter tapering down to 350mm diameter and 650mm depth.
6. Compact base of hole with 50mm of aggregate. Lower ground Fix post attached to instrument into hole (check instrument straight and level before filling with concrete).
7. Fix hole with fast drying concrete to manufacturers specifications.
Chime base is 100mm from ground surface.
Ground fix tube protrudes 300mm from ground surface that inserts into the base of the chime post.